Friday, October 5, 2007

It is nice!!

I had to go to the Doctor today for some on-going problems I have been having, and he diagnosed me with severe Endometriosis. He said the "stage" he thought it was (based on my symptoms and an US) to the nurse but I did not hear what he said. He said our best option was surgery and scheduled it for Oct 19th. I am scared, nervous, and anxious all at the same time. I am also relieved I have a solution to this problem. I told him we have been TTC for the last 8 months to no avail obviously and he made reference to how "lucky" we are for having 2 healthy children. He also said this could very well be the reason it took us 2 years to get pregnant with Abigail. I mentioned that I am just emotionally drained, and probably ready to just stop trying. He asked me to wait until after the surgery cause he said that most Endo patients conceive within 6 months of the Lap. I got a small glimmer of hope. Even though the kids would be further apart then I had originally hoped, beggars can't be choosers right. Nick and I have always wanted 3 children and I just think that longing would always be there. I am not fooling anyone but myself to say I could give up!! I fought long and hard for Abigail.
I know I have mentioned before about Isabella being so thoughtful and genuine. Well tonight she said, "mom I need to sleep in your bed tonight, cause I need to tickle your belly to help you relax" she is so sweet. So here she is laying next to me right now....sound asleep. She will be moved to her own room shortly, she got a little to used to being in here with me while Nick was gone.
Nick and Abigail on the other hand are trying out a little experiment right now. They are both in the living room right now watching baseball. Nick thinks that if she surpasses her bedtime, she will sleep later...hahaha she is usually in bed at 7:30 so she has definitely passed that mark. I guess we will see how she does in the AM.
I am doing PT in the morning because the doctor also thinks my pelvis is dislocated in some sorts. I hope it will not be to painful, because I honestly don't think I can take any more right now. I am not for certain about the pelvis thing, I think he may just be trying to help me relieve some pain until the surgery. Oh yeah and he also said my C-section scar has some knots in it, and said he wanted to inject some steroids into the scar, he described the process to me and described the severity of the pain I will be in while he does it....ummmmm no thanks. I got sweaty and I could feel the blood draining from my face as he was saying all that. I respectfully declined the procedure. So many problems for me today. I am glad I went and am getting it all taken care of though, but it surely makes me feel like I am aging as the days pass.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh wow! Good luck with all this stuff. If only making a baby was as easy as it sounds! I hope another little guy or little lady is in your future! Think, if everything works out you could be miserable, barefoot & prego next summer ;) Seriously, I'll add you to my prayers!

Jess said...

Goodness, I am so sorry you are facing medical treatments but thankfully you have a diagnosis and a plan.

Your girls sound like such sweethearts!

Lisa said...

Praying all goes well with your surgery. You'll be recovering just as I'm going into surgery. Mine is 10/24. Hope we both do well!

Anonymous said...

Hey Joani, Praying the very best for you as you go through all this. love to the girls :)
meg (from the beach :))